Advanced Ship Research Department
“Main research field of the Advanced Ship Research Department targets on development of high level hydrodynamic technology for vessels of nowadays and near future.”
Main research field of the Advanced Ship Research Department targets on development of high level hydrodynamic technology for vessels of nowadays and near future. Large numbers of projcects for evaluation & enhancement of ship hydrodynamic performance are underway through experiments in KRISO's test infrastructures such as towing tank, ice tank, etc., and numerical simulation. These research activities supply dominating technology to Korean shipbuilding companies, and sustain global competitiveness of Korean shipbuilding industry.
Main Research Areas
- Research and development of green ship technologies.
- Research and development of numerical simulation technology for the evaluation & enhancement of hydrodynamic performances of marine vessels
- Research and development of the surface and the underwater naval vessels using CFD
- Research on ships' maneuvering and sea-keeping performances
- Research and development of performance evaluation technology of ice-going vessels in the polar regions
Marin Research Projects
- Enhancement of evaluation technology for the ship powering performances
Development of the core model manufacturing , equipments, and evaluation technologies for the improvement of ship powering performances
- Research on technologies for the desing of energy saving hull form and the enhancement of propulsion efficiency for green ship development
Development of key technologies for the reduction of hydrodynamic drag and the improvement of propulsion efficiency
- Development of the maneuvering and sea-keeping integrated analysis technology of ship’s performance prediction
Developments of model testing method, simulation program, and numerical analysis technology by CFD and HPC, for the maneuvering and sea-keeping integrated analysis of ship’s performance prediction
- Development of voyage planning system for safe navigation and performance evaluation of ice-going vessels in the polar regions
Optimum voyage planning in the polar regions and development of a polar water operation manual
- Performance evaluation such as ice load, winterization, DP, mooring, etc.